NaRey of Washington D.C. made a choice to share her voice ever since she was a little girl. Check out this 1 on 1 with NaRey Perez on DA FRONT PORCH for STRAIGHT OFFICIAL.
1. Can you tell us your name and where you are from? The name is NaRey.. NaRey Perez – Born and raised in Washington, D.C.
2. When do you decide you wanted to sing professionally? As a little girl, I’ve always loved to sing. I sang in church, at school, at cheerleading practice.. lol.. EVERYWHERE! I knew at a young age that I wanted to be remembered for something when I left this world – why not it be something I love?? Which is entertainment in its’ entirety, acting as well.
3. What music of yours would you suggest someone to listen to? That’s always a hard question for me, but I love, “NO MORE”, “SOMEBODY”, “THE MOTIONS” and “AGAIN” .. Sorry, told you it’s a hard choice for me! lol Just go DOWNLOAD ALL of them while it’s still FREE!
(Until the end of 2017)
4. Who are some of your musical influences? My musical “Idols” coming up were Aaliyah and Selena, but I have a true love for powerhouse singers such as Patti LaBelle, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Tamia and KeKe Wyatt to name a few. Beyonce has shown she can get up there too!
5. Can people find you online? “Yaaaaassss!” lol Please do find me and tell somebody else to find me too! lol <3
My WEBSITE is: WWW.ENTERTAINERNAREY.COM; My INSTAGRAM is:
@NAREY_PEREZ ; My FB ARTIST PAGE is: @NAREYDC ; My TWITTER is:
LADIES, I’m keeping an eye out for y’all!! I need more beautiful ladies on my page representing!!
6. What’s your definition of a hustler? My definition of a hustler is someone who is getting it in every aspect of their life. If they don’t have the means, they find it or they find a way to get it done regardless. I think it’s a person who knows how to get results, but also understands how to ALWAYS work SMART so the “HARD” doesn’t seem so difficult. Not saying hard work isn’t necessary because it definitely is, but you can lighten your load if your go about your moves in a smart way.
7. What do you want to see changed your community? I would love to see younger generations care more about their lives and other’s lives.. not all, but most seem so lost in a fake image. I’d love to see our Black community (yes, I’m mixed) continue to come together to raise our people up. I’d love to see way less violence, and the understanding that a lot of times issues can be hashed out like adults, if only everyone would take off the “tough masks”, and give patience and understanding a try – it’d go a long way.
8. What is a week in your life like? Man, a week in my life?? *sigh* Right now, there’s so much going on.. planning, writing, recording, filming, traveling while maintaining regular life.. it’s a lot. So let’s just say my weeks are currently like whirlwinds – I love this industry though!!
9. Any shoutouts? Yes please!
I’d like to shoutout DUDS DEVENEIR – who is a producer and artist himself. He worked with me on my singles, “AGAIN”, “WATCH ME MOVE” and “GOT WHAT YOU NEED”. He’s from Houston, TX and a very talented artist.
I’d also like to shoutout KYONTE & M. QUEST who are two amazing artist & producers whom worked with me on the original version of “THE MOTIONS” (watch my very first video on my website from a few years ago to hear the original version), and shouts out to “BUBU THE PRODUCER” who remixed the updated version of “THE MOTIONS” (which is available for download now) and also is the producer who recorded the song, “NO MORE”
– Thank you BuBu!! <3
Ok, two more shoutouts and I’m done! lol
Shout out to “GOTTIROCKSOLID” for this upcoming project (COMING SOON)!! This man is amazing at his craft and has major credits in the industry, be sure to keep a lookout for all of his projects, and our upcoming project together! It’s going to be AMAZING! Last, but not least.. I also want to shout out my future manager who is going to help me stop playing 7 roles in my head.. I don’t know who you are yet, but hey, shout out to you dude.. Shouts out to you!! LOL 🙂
10. What would you tell to someone who wants to use his or her original creativity but is scared to give it a go? I would tell them to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. Know what you’re doing and getting yourself into. Have a solid package and preferably a budget. NETWORKING is everything, so is promotion and marketing. If the entertainment industry is your passion, please understand it takes a special individual to be successful in this business.. there are ALWAYS more “No’s” than “Yes”. It’s hard, mean and can be unfair, but if it’s truly what you love and you truly have the talent.. be ready to grow some tough skin and go for it! <3