Get to know Miami producer/ songwriter Audio Jones. He is the songwriter and producer for Trina’s new song “Situation” featuring Lil Wayne on her upcoming 6th solo album THE ONE. His production credits extend from Pusha T to Gunplay. Audio Jones is just a Carol City kid living his dream.
Thanks, honestly me and boy Dopexgold was sitting in the studio chillin and he out of no where started talking bout how his name going to be Sanchez Mora so I said shit imma change my name too and then came Audio Jones lol.
2. How did you end up working with Trina? And what was that experience like?
Well that’s a long story…but I was once part of a production Duo called Snatch & Grab who was being managed by Kd s/o Kd btw who works with Trina. After the break of the production team I stayed working with Kd and it led to me getting placements as Audio Jones starting with her single from 2013, “Back 2 business.”
Over the years I kept consistent with submitting material and led me to making a placement on her upcoming Album “The One” producing a track I wrote, produced and featured on called “Situation” feat Lil Wayne. The experience of working with Trina is amazing. She is so cool, I mean down to Earth, funny and likes to enjoy herself every session. Every session is full of good times, jokes, good company and all other ingredients for a good time lol. Over all it’s humbling. I’m a kid from Carol City and living my dreams.
3. What’s one jewel of advice for up and coming producers?
Get Hot! Build your demand. The more you are in demand the more leverage you have.
4. What artists have you worked with and what projects are you currently working on? I’ve worked with Trina, Ice Billion Berg, Gunplay, Pusha T, Emilio Rojas, Lecrae, Joe Budden and Brianna Perry to name a few. Currently I’m working on a production album full of different collaborations and features. I just started but presume to work on this for the year. I’m looking forward to releasing music as a producer.
5. How can people find you online?
@audiojones twitter and IG and to hear more production www.soundcloud.com/audiojones
6. What’s your definition of a hustler? A mover, a shaker. Someone who putting this with that and making it happen.
7. Any shoutouts? S/o Kd management s/o my business partner Othagod And the Behindthescenekings and shout you guys out for shining light on the producers thanks.
8. Can you tell us a lil bit about where you are from? I was born in Miami, raised in Carol City. I come from a multicultural ethnic background being half Latin and half African American. I started as a singer and was signed to a couple independent labels like Circle House with Abebe Lewis then I was signed to independent label “S.G.S “which was heavily Affiliated with Zoe Pound s/o Blind and during that time I had a single as an artist named Prince Ty which featured Trick Daddy called “So Ghetto. Unfortunately that didn’t pan out for me and I had to reinvent myself and so forth. I started producing.