1.What is your Name? where you’re from and what first got you interested in the
entertainment industry? I am Demi Lo from Memphis, Tennessee. I would say that writing songs and getting to record them in the studio definitely made me interested in the entertainment industry because I love seeing my talent/projects come to life!
2. Who and/or what inspires you to create? What inspires me to create is the things that are going on around me, songs that I listen to, and conversations with my friends.
3. How would you describe your sound? I would describe it as R&B with a pop feel, but I do not want to limit myself to R&B, I would like to try all genres of music as well.
4. What is your creative process like? Normally, I would find a beat on YouTube that I really connect with then depending on what kind of vibe the beat gives off, I will write that type of vibe to the beat. After that, I would go to the studio and record it. Lastly, I would give the song to my producer so he could recreate a beat that fits my vocals. I do this so I will not share the same beat with anyone else and it will be original.
5. What artist(s) would you like to collaborate with? Artists like Beyoncé, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, & Travis Scott because their all unique in their own way, they have great work ethics and every time I see these artists, I would always imagine working with them and being like them one day.
6. What is one message you would give to your supporters? A message I would give to my supporters is to never be afraid to live your dream because you only have one life to live so make it your best!
7. What is the most talent/skill you have that most people don’t know about? A talent that people probably do not know I have is that I can act, and I am a writer. I have been in plays around the Memphis area and it is also something I love to do. I also write stories and plays.
8. What would you be doing right now, if you weren’t doing music? I would be acting, and I would also love to be a movie director. Pitching shows and movies to different networks is also a dream that I hope to conquer.
9. Who are some artists/people you admire and why? Michelle Obama is the first black First Lady, which is so historical, and she is such an inspiration and uplifts black girls like me. I also admire Summer Walker. After all, I connect with her having social anxiety because I am also very shy, and I get nervous especially doing shows and performing in front of many people. I am currently growing out of it now, but she reminds me of myself when I first started performing.
10. What is the best advice you’ve been given? The best advice I have gotten was “Don’t be afraid of anything that will not kill you” meaning do not be afraid to perform and do not be afraid to follow your dreams. My mom also tells me to stay humble which is on the same level to me because I take these both to heart and they are very important to remember.
11. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be? The expectation for women because I do not feel like you should be nude or sexual for fame.
12. What’s next for you, where would you like to see yourself in the next year? In the next year, I would like to see myself winning Grammy & Oscar awards, my music being international and people enjoying my music, performing around the world, and even landing tv/movie auditions.
13. What is your social media? How can people get in contact with you? My Instagram is demi_lo1, Twitter – DemiLo57, YouTube – Demi Lo, & Facebook – Demi Lo