TampaMystic sits down w/ Ajhie for an exclusive interview!
1. What’s going on? Please introduce yourself and tell us where you’re from.
What’s good, my name’s Ajhie. I’m 19 years old. I’m Indonesian, that’s in southeast Asia if ya’ll not familiar or never heard of it. I was born in Jakarta, main city of Indonesia, raised in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.
2. When did you start rapping and who or what inspired you?
I started rapping and making raps I’ll say when I was 13. I started off writing poems, and perform them for my school back in middle school for Black History Month. Then growing up in Philly and got more tune and hook to the hip hop culture I eventually switched my poems to rap with just adding a rhythm. I attended hip hop after school programs and summer programs to learn the different elements of hip hop. Shout out to Seamacc for that. I’m inspired by anything that’s good and has a good vibe. You can rap about anything and everything and it depends what kind of aura you like to be fit with best.
3. As an up and coming artist, do you find it difficult to maintain personal relationships while perusing your music career?
No, because it is what I wanna wanna do and what I want to pursue. Plus the people around me should already understand the grind.
4. Tell us something you enjoy doing [besides music] that most people don’t know.
Skateboarding, Eating, Traveling, Blazing, & Fucking… and that’s just the main things I enjoy.
5. Currently, what project or single are you working on or pushing & where can we find it?
I’m working on my mixtape right now, it’s in the works. I’m pushing 2 of my tracks “Famous” and “Gimme All Dat”. Check that up and make you sure you get to hear it either on my soundcloud/ajhielegrandeur or in some 24k Mixtapes such as “F*CK YA FAVORITE DJ 4” “GUNZ N BUTTA VOL.1” and also on “WELCOME TO 2K15”. FAMOUS music video is up on youtube and worldstarhiphop if ya’ll finna check it out.
6. What’s been the most memorable moment so far in your music career?
The most memorable moment so far would probably chillin in Wooh Da Kid’s krib, blazing and drinking and just welcomed me. It was pretty dope and it definitely made me wanna grind harder.
7. If you could work with any artist, (current or past) who would it be and why?
That’s a tough question.. there’s a lot of artists that I would wanna work with. But some of them would be Mos Def and Nas. They’re the dream artists I would wanna work with. Then again the list goes on so this is a tough question !
8. It’s a new year 2015! What are your goals musically for this year?
I wanna drop my mixtape and promote and do as much shows as I can. I wanna get out there, it’s grind time all the time this year. I created a stronger appetite for this shit.
9. Tell everyone where they can find you? [Websites, Social media, Booking info etc]
All my Social Media accounts have the same name which is Ajhie Le Grandeur. Check that out and you’ll find me easy. Soundcloud, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. For booking you can contact Aaron Carter. Find him @cartercarterr. His email is email@example.com
10. What words would you like to leave us with? Any Shout Outs?
Check out my music, show love, support. Shout out to everybody grinding doing their thing and hungry for what they want. All the homies in Philly and L.A. my family in Indonesia and everyone that been there. I won’t dissappoint ya’ll, it’s just getting started.