FLEET FEATURE: DJ S.L JAMZ – DJ
- Tell me a little bit about yourself, how did you get your stage name etc. Im DJ S.L. Jamz born in Brooklyn Ny and currently reside in Jacksonville Fl. I got my name DJ name from a party I spinned at in Orlando,FL.My close friend who was teaching me how to DJ left me spinning at a house party and I had to hold the party down. He left me purposely and when I got back on campus the students was like man I heard you was jammin and thats where DJ S.L. Jamz originated from.
- Why did you decide to become a DJ? I started when I first heard the Beastie Boys “License to Ill” album and the down South DJ crew named JamPony Express.. It just hit me. The music patterns and how they made and spinned records just was just so amazing to myself. So I had to find a way to get into the music industry.
- Who and/or what motivates you? My family keeps me going and striving to be better and doing what’s best to be financially stable.
- What would you say is your biggest accomplishment to date? Being apart of a DJ crew as A Fleet DJ and winning 2016 Mixshow DJ of the Year.
- What projects are you currently working on? Currently, Im working with a new artist name Kev (Mr Range Rover Flow) right here out of Florida in the lab working on his singles. Also have a few new mixtapes I’ll be dropping within the next quarter
- What changes would you like to see in the music/entertainment industry? One of my top changes I would like to see is just dealing with FM play and new unsigned artists music. I remember at one time If you had a smash record and you could get to the radio stations they would play it and get behind it along with whatever promotions you had going. Now there are so many new artists trying to be discovered and heard it has s very long uphill battle for those artists.
- What makes you different, what sets you apart? One of my attributes have been I really listen to music especially new unsigned artists. I’m always looking for the next big record that no one will hear coming. I help artists that need the guidance to help make their career move forward.
- What crews, company’s are you apart of why did you join the Fleet Djs? Im part of the Atlantic Elite DJs & The Fleet DJs also own DJ entertainment company name Just Jamz Ent. The Fleet DJs treat everyone as family and they want each DJ to be better and become the best you can be. They have all types of avenues for you to make additional revenue if you can handle business
hat type of equipment do you use, what other skills/talent do you have?
I have the legendary Technic 1200’s and also the Pioneer DDJ SX2. I’m also a label consultant for artists and Independent Labels
- What do you do in your free time? Any Hobbies? I still try to revisit my NBA hoop dreams and shoot basketball and play some pickup games around our area gyms and I’m back on my sneaker collection. It’s becoming real serious.
- Anything else you want to add/ Any Shoutouts? your Social Media? I just want to say to any new unsigned artists and managers that have been putting in work and haven’t seen no results and you want to present your project to one of these label executives give me a call. Shouts to my family Nicole,Dominic,Destinee,Quinn,Eileen,The Romano’s,M-Geezy,Kev,DJ,Christian Blaq,Mr B, and all my Fleet DJs and Fleet DJs Florida Division. Follow me Socially ON twitter,IG & SnapChat @DJSLJAMZ
you might also like