Straight official sits down with Kimbretta
- Tell me a little bit about yourself how did you get your stage name, where are you from, where do you reside etc? My stage name is my legal first name-Kimbretta. When your mother makes up a name that no one else has thought of and you’re the only one in the world, you stick with it. I’m from Lakeland, Florida and I currently reside in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Why did you decide to become a DJ/ Artist/ Entertainer?
As far back as I can remember I’ve always been an entertainer. It took me some time to find out how exactly I want to express that in the world, I think I’ve discovered it-for now. I became a Fleet Host, because Hosting is a talent I have naturally. A great host sets the atmosphere, directs the flow and engages an audience the entirety of a set, a great Host is a leader and that’s me all day.
- Who and/or what motivates you?
I’m self-motivated for the most part. Getting things done, accomplishing my goals and seeing my vision become reality all motivate me to keep going. At the core of that motivation is me always wanting to be an example to my daughter of what she can do-no matter what.
- What would you say is your biggest accomplishment to date?
My biggest accomplishment to date is becoming a mom and managing to keep my daughter safe, healthy, and be there for the first phase of her life. Oh yeah, I self-published my first book too.
- What projects currently working on?
I’m currently working on my second book. I’m also building a team to help me do my first book tour.
- What changes would you like to see in the music/entertainment industry?
We don’t have the time to talk about the changes I want to see in the music industry. I am extremely passionate about performing arts and all things music, particular vocal artists; and there is a ton of change that needs to happen in the industry-a ton.
- What makes you different from other artist?
I have an uncanny ability to bring order to chaos. I’m charmingly flawed and simultaneously exquisite all at the same damn time. I am your next best decision-period
- What crews, company’s are you apart of why did you join the Fleet Djs?
I own my own company, I’m also a part of women’s entrepreneurial support group. I joined Fleet with the primary goal of continuing to develop my hosting, and speaking skills. I my second goal, was that I hoped it opened doors for my daughter who is an aspiring R&B/Soul Singer.
- What other skills/talent do you have?
Other than being a writer, I’m a certified life coach with a concentration in business, I’m a creative director, and I have great knack for connecting with teens and young adults (mentorship).
- What do you do in your free time? Any Hobbies?
I love listening to music, watching TV/Movies, reading, researching and dancing.
- Anything else you want to add/ Any Shoutouts? your Social Media?
I want to shout out Fleet DJ’s for all the work they do, to give others opportunities experience and grow within the entertainment industry. I want to shout out Women by Choice my support group, my daughter for keeping me on toes and Superman (not Clark Kent) for saving the day-everyday.