‘Extra’ Host A.J. Calloway Suspended Amid Sexual Misconduct Investigation (Exclusive)
Longtime Extra host A.J. Calloway has been suspended after several women have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct, producer Warner Bros. Television said in a statement Saturday to The Hollywood Reporter.
The suspension comes months after THR first reported a claim of abuse against Calloway and as the publication has been preparing a new story with additional allegations. THR has reached out to an attorney for Calloway for comment on the suspension. The host previously has denied any wrongdoing.
“Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against AJ Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct,” Warner Bros. Television said in a statement. “To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.”
Warner Bros. added, “In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review. We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees.