What’s good everybody, this is your favorite radio personality and blogger T-Quest coming back at you with another review. Music is my world so I get excited when I have the opportunity to check out new music and dig deep into artist’s stories. I enjoy getting the chance to find out how talented they are and why they create the musical content they put out. Recently I was introduced to hip hop artist Da Goat. I must say I was very impressed with him. He shows a lot of confidence as an artist but balances it out with a humbling spirit. When it came time to hear his single OH NO, I smiled from the energy he portrayed. You can tell he’s very passionate about what he does as an artist. Read & listen to our interviews below and check out this star on the rising!
What is your Name? Where you’re from and what first got you interested in
the entertainment industry?
My name is Da Goat & I’m from Camden, New Jersey. What got me
interested was the first time I heard myself on a record, I’ve been hooked
2. Who and/or what inspires you to create?
My inspiration behind my music is my rough upbringing and wanting to give my son a better life to live than what I had.
3. How would you describe your sound?
My sound is distinctive!
4. What is your creative process like?
My process includes me listening to a series of beats, until one
speaks to me.
5. What artist(s) would you like to collaborate with?
Drake, Tory Lanez, Chris Brown, H.E.R & Meek Mill.
6. What is one message you would give to your supporters?
NEVER GIVE UP!
7. What is the most talent/skill you have that most people don’t know about?
As a kid to early teen, I was actually an excellent soccer player!
8. What would you be doing right now, if you weren’t doing music?
I would probably be in jail or dead… MUSIC SAVED MY LIFE! It made me more level headed.
9. Who are some artists/people you admire and why?
Jay Z he is the definition of black excellence.
10. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
L doesn’t stand for loss, it stands for lesson.
11. If you could change anything about the industry,
what would it be?
Bring REAL R&B back
12. What’s next for you, where would you like to see
yourself in the next year?
Be the biggest artist in the world!
13. What is your social media? How can people get in contact with you?
Follow me on all social media outlets @dagoat609
He is now working on his upcoming project The Get Back, which is a complex body of work that should get him the recognition that he deserves. Remaining humble and hard-working he is continuing to make his stage name to reality. #GetFamiliar