- What is your Name? where you’re from and what first got you interested in the entertainment industry?
My name is Demi Lowrell. I’m from Memphis, Tennessee, and my parents
inspired me to go into the entertainment industry. I have a very musical family.
My dad used to be in a singing group when he was around my age. My mom
can sing, my sister plays the violin, and my brother raps; he can also play the
drums. I loved to sing at school, around the house, and in church when I was
little. My parents talked to me one day and asked, “Why don’t you take this
seriously?” So here I am now, making my dream come true.
2. Who and/or what inspires you to create? What inspires me to create is watching my favorite artists and other artist
perform, do interviews, and seeing the passion they have for the entertainment
industry. This makes me want to go even harder for my dreams not only in
music but acting.
3. How would you describe your sound? I would describe my sound as R&B but with some pop every now and then. In the future, I would like to add to my sound, without completely switching it up to a new genre. I would like to try country, rock, and other genres to add into my R&B music. Like Tina Turner did with “What’s Love Got To Do With It.” That pop, rock, soul, and R&B combined.
4. What is your creative process like? I would usually find a beat to get my creativity flowing during the creative process. Writing comes naturally to me, so I would listen to the beat once and hear the arrangement and how I would like it to sound. I would write the lyrics, meet with my producer to create an original track, and boom, the song is ready to record.
5. What artist(s) would you like to collaborate with? I would love to collaborate with Beyoncé. She is one of my favorite artists. Her swag, voice, confidence, and class set her apart from most entertainers. She’s someone I look up to in the music industry.
6. What is one message you would give to your supporters? Stay dedicated to your craft and never give up on your dreams, no matter how long it might take. Yes, it can be frustrating, overwhelming, and a lot of work, but continue to believe in yourself.
7. What is the most talent/skill you have that most people don’t know about? A talent/skill that most people don’t know about is that I like to write movie and TV scripts and that I would also like to direct films.
8. What would you be doing right now, if you weren’t doing music? If I weren’t making music, I would go into film and video as a director and writer for movies and TV shows.
9. Who are some artists/people you admire and why? I admire Beyoncé and Michael Jackson. They are legends. I grew up watching them both, and they have tremendous impacts on their fans. I love everything about them.
10. What is the best advice you’ve been given? The best advice I have received was “Do not be afraid of anything that can’t kill you” it’s the best advice I’ve ever received because it makes me feel courageous.
11. If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be? Our culture greatly influences those who listen to our music regardless of race or origin. It is time for artists to create more positive and influential music that does not demean women, talk about drugs, and, most importantly, killing. It seems like violent and hostile music gets more airplay and attention to listeners than music with substance. As a young adult and artist, I need to influence the youth positively with my music.
12. What’s next for you, where would you like to see yourself in the next year? In the following year, I would like to see myself winning Grammys, MTV Awards, BET Awards, and even an Oscar. I would travel around the world touring and being in movies and tv shows.
13. What is your social media? How can people get in contact with you? All my social media is under Demi Lowrell. You can contact my manager at email@example.com and my publicist at firstname.lastname@example.org